Publisher of the most cited open-access journals in their fields.
The Analytical Chemistry section seeks to receive for consideration significant findings including novel principles, as well as significant technical and methodological improvements in analytical chemistry. This section accepts article submissions on the major advancements in all branches of analytical chemistry, including fundamental theories and concepts of chemical measurement science, sample treatment, instrumentation, separation, sensing and imaging. The progress in miniaturization, large-scale analysis, multidimensional analysis, nano and surface analysis, analytical operations, biomaterials for sensing and data processing is welcome. Articles may be entirely theoretical with regard to analysis, and experimental with the practical application of analytical techniques to solving important biological, biomedical, environmental monitoring or clinical diagnostic problems. In addition, the section also publishes Review articles about major advances and challenges in analytical chemistry. Using the innovative review system and open access model of the Frontier publishing model, the goal is to provide researchers with the breakthroughs of relevance to analytical chemistry and stimulate pioneering study in the related fields through accelerated scientific communication. Areas covered:
- Analytical methodologies, operations, and techniques for analysis of chemical molecules, biological molecules, and their problem-solving application
- Cellular analysis
- Methodologies and techniques for genomics, proteomics, glycomics, metabolomics
- Analysis of biological interactions or molecular recognition
- Structural and surface analysis technologies
- Instrumentation development, improvement and miniaturization
- Sensors, biosensor and nanosensors
- Optical and non-optical imaging technologies
- Single molecule analysis
- Related technologies and areas, such as nanotechnology, surface technology, biomaterials, chemical biology, genge technique applied to analysis
- Computational, statistic and bioinformatics methods for analysis
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central, Scopus, Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Index Copernicus
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Analytical Chemistry welcomes submissions of the following article types: Book Review, Correction, Data Report, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis & Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Protocols, Review, Specialty Grand Challenge and Technology Report.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Analytical Chemistry, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Articles published in the section Analytical Chemistry will benefit from the Frontiers impact and tiering system after online publication. Authors of published original research with the highest impact, as judged democratically by the readers, will be invited by the Chief Editor to write a Frontiers Focused Review - a tier-climbing article. This is referred to as "democratic tiering". The author selection is based on article impact analytics of original research published in all Frontiers specialty journals and sections. Focused Reviews are centered on the original discovery, place it into a broader context, and aim to address the wider community across all of Chemistry.